Tuesday, April 13

Thank You

I interrupt the baby shower posts for this announcement...

Now that I have come up for air, I am working through all your wonderful emails and comments over the past week or two.  In doing so, I learned that Sarah from Cotton Kiwi nominated me for my very first award... a Sunshine Award.  What a delight.  Thank you Sarah.  You made my day.  If you haven't been to her site before, I recommend that you do.  Sarah has the most beautiful little girls.  And I love her photos.  Looking at her blog, I want to jump on a plane to New Zealand and spend the day hanging out with her.


So, in keeping with the instructions, let pass this award onto 12 bloggers who inspire me and make me happy. This is hard because there are so many blogs that I love to read for various reasons.  Here are just a few.  (Interestingly, I discovered when compiling this that I adore many of them due to their design aesthetic and/or their photography.  Then again, perhaps that isn't surprising given that I am a visual person.)
  • KoJo Designs - This site by sisters Kirstin and Jordan is great.  I love their design aesthetic for their graphics work and their kid crafts, not to mention the party planning.  They make me wish I had a sister to do creative projects with... then again, I enjoyed being the only girl.
  • Twig and Thistle - This site just makes me happy.  It's serene and relaxing.  I love her designs and find myself envying all the letterpress work.  It's like those stores that you go in purely to stop, breathe, and revel in the beauty.
  • Homemade by Jill - Jill does such wonderful projects for boys.  I really enjoy her photos and am dying to make her Strawberry Lemonade bars very soon.  She has fantastic templates and tutorials.  And if you haven't seen it floating around the blog world, you must check out the Quiet Book she made for her son.
  • Bake at 350 - I daydream about being able to decorate cookies like Bridget.  They are stunning works of art.  And I am addicted to her Brown Sugar and Spice recipe.  It has become the basic for all decorated cookies on this blog.
  • My French Corner - This is my go-to place for being grown-up.  When I'm eating too many processed foods or feel like I am racing through life, this site helps me sit, relax, and just embrace life.  Similarly, I love to read "A Frenchwoman for all Seasons" for the same reason.
  • Heirloom Homestead - In the interest of full disclosure, Julie is my cousin and one of the most talented women I know.  I love her writing style.  It is so restorative and calming, bringing me back to earth.  The one danger is that when I read about her life, I begin daydreaming about owning a farm... that is until I remember that I probably like the concept rather than the practicalities.
  • Create Studio - Sarah has such great crafts, particularly from her SYTYC experience.  I love her ideas.  And her latest bean bag numbers are adorable.
  • Centsational Girl - Kate's site is so inspirational for home projects.  I love her new office.  And her wine country photos always have me drooling.  Her latest Spring shots include "the girl & the fig" restaurant that I have been dying to try ever since checking their cookbook out from the library.
  • Made - I fell in love with Dana's site during Boy month.  As a mother of new little boy, I was at a loss.  But Dana showed me so many crafts that I can do for my son.  Plus, her photographs are amazing.
  • Tartelette - If you haven't been here, just do.  The desserts are amazing, only surpassed by the photography.
  • Ucreate - A special thanks to Kari for featuring so many wonderful crafters.  Congratulations on her move.
  • To be Charmed - I am very new to Elizabeth's blog, but I find it enchanting.  From the header (I love branches and birds as an icon) to her collection of beautiful posts, I find myself lost daydreaming.  And she truly does beautiful tutorials that remind me of magazine spreads.  The crepe paper daffodils are on my to do list.
Thank you ladies for all your inspiration.  Thank your for sharing with the world and for all the beauty you provide.


If you want to share your thankfulness to others (and please do not feel any pressure here)...
1) Send a thank you to the person who gave it to you
2) Copy the logo and place it on your blog
3) Link to the person who nominated you
4) Pass it along to 12 other people

Now back to the Baby Shower posts...
 
Pin It

4 comments:

homemade by jill said...

Thank you!

Sarah said...

Thank you so much CJ! Thanks for reading!
-Sarah from Create Studio
www.createstudio.blogspot.com

Cotton Kiwi said...

Thanks for your lovely comments CJ. Do pop in for tea anytime you happen to be in NZ! :o) Yes it is beautiful here. I'm a very lucky girl.

Meeks said...

You have the BEST links! Thanks so much! My google reader is now bursting at the seams!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails