Monday, September 27

Celebrating Fall


Italian Plums purchased at the
Falls Church Farmers Market
 I love Fall... the crispness in the air, the energy as everyone returns from the summer break, the colors, the flavors, and the impending celebrations.  Last Fall sped by due to my son's birth.  I was in those new Mommy days and only made a few token attempts to celebrate the season.  I don't want a repeat this year.

Here is my "bucket list" for embracing Fall 2010:
  • Apple Picking
  • Collect leaves with the kids
  • Celebrate Virginia Wine Month (October)
  • Make plum jam
  • Celebrate my son turning 1
  • Highland Games and Celtic Festival (not a traditional "Fall" activity, but part of our Fall)
  • Football (this one is for my husband)
  • Try new pumpkin recipes, with fresh pumpkin
  • "Carve" a jack-o-lantern with my daughter
  • Enjoy a Fall Picnic with my family
  • Decorate with candles and throws for extra coziness
  • Eat grapes... roasted grapes, lavendar grape tarts, wine, etc
  • Pull out the sweaters and shawls
  • Create an autumnal display for the front porch
  • Soups, soups, soups... and chili
  • Hot Apple Cider
  • Enjoy other seasonal flavors... pears, potatoes, parsnips, sweet potatoes, apples
  • Take long family walks
  • Bonfires at Nana and Papa's, with roasted marshmallows and smores
  • Hay Maze
  • Photograph the sights of the season
  • Hiking
How do you celebrate Fall?

Pin It

2 comments:

Heather said...

I like doing the farm tour in Prince William, and there's a farm in Chantilly that is quite large...I can't remember the name, but they have a great pumpkin/fall festival set up.

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

definately the carving pumpkins!!! (we grew some in our garden this year!!! funny story!)

collecting leaves; getting out the sweaters; and just enjoying the briskness of the weather!

-kelley

Related Posts with Thumbnails