Thursday, August 19

Theme of the Week(end): Madeline


"In a an old house in Paris that was covered in vines lived... Madeline."

This past weekend was inspired by two aspects of a recent vacation... (1) our mini-theme days which were much fun and (2) our visit to a favorite local bookstore where we added a number of new volumes to our personal library.  One of those books was the adorable classic... Madeline.  So when looking for something rather fun to do, our Madeline-themed weekend was born.

The house was full of yellow hats, french-inspired foods, and Madeline stories.  We painted and baked and counted and created.  We even tried to work on spelling, though that may have been over the head of my three-year-old.  Above are our Madeline Hat lemon cream-filled cookies.

For Breakfast, our version of a Croque en bouche made with donut holes and blueberries
 

A little sorting, counting, and grouping with red, white, and blue candies as we created the french flag.  Surprisingly, pieces kept disappearing.

Just a little coloring time... Madeline of course

Making our own Madeline style hat from a paper plate and bowl

With our herb tart for lunch, we made a french flag from blueberries, cheese, and grapes.

Madeline Memory Cards for spelling RED, BLUE, and YELLOW
Pin It

13 comments:

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Aww so cute! Stopping over from NFF. I love the hats! I'm a new follower. This reminds me of a Madeline "go fish" game we had that we played constantly when our girls were little. I love that book.
I hope you can stop over and see me sometime.


heather

Cap Creations said...

Wow how fun was all that?!! Great ideas for a Madeline theme party!
Stopping by from nff!

a moderate life said...

Hi! Visiting from Trendy Treehouses find a friend friday! As the mother of two teen girls who adored madeline as children I LOVE your weekend theme! Very creative and oh so sweet! I am now following your blog. You can find me at http://www.amoderatelife.com where I blog about balanced healthy living and the real food love! i am also a networked blog or you can grab my rss feed. Thanks Alex@amoderatelife

Unknown said...

I am LOVING all the details! The bowl hat - genius! great party!

hugs! Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
party inspiration

Michelle said...

We love Madeline and building theme learning around a story book! What fun ideas! I'll have to borrow these:-)

Brianna! said...

you have the most absolutely ADORABLE blog.
LOVE LOVE LOVE

and the Madeline theme is PRECIOUS

xoxo
bB

even-star said...

oh my squee! those little hat biscuits are fantastic!

Katie Brown said...

what a lovely blog you have! and lovely pics! those cookies are so fun. glad to have found you through NFF!

Melissa said...

The Madeline hat is so creative!!

Hannah said...

What a great blog you have! I found you through new friend Friday! I am a new follower I love your theme days!

http://ourhappyhomeblog.blogspot.com

Doreen McGettigan said...

How very cute. I have forgotten about Madeline and will have to introduce her to my grand girls!
I am a new visitor and follower from New Friend Friday and I enjoyed browsing with my cup of tea.
I hope when you get a chance you will stop over and say hello.
http://doreenmcgettigan.blogspot.com

Destiny Rothwell said...

Hello,

I stumbled upon your blog as I was searching for how-to's in making a doughnut hole cake! I'm wondering if you could please give me the recipe for your doughnut hole creation in this post? I am getting married in July and trying to replicate this for our non-traditional wedding cake. I would so appreciate your help!!!

Anonymous said...

Big fan of lemon anything! Any chance you can post the lemon hat cookie recipe or did I miss it somewhere?

Related Posts with Thumbnails