Monday, August 23

Peach and Prosciutto Pizza


Where has Summer gone?  Labor day is only two weeks away and then Fall will be back in force... apples, pumpkins, football, my son's first birthday, Halloween, crisp nights, beautiful foliage, wine.  As much as I am looking forward to Fall, I'm not quite ready to let go of the last vestiges of Summer.  And right now that means Peaches.  I cannot get enough.  The juices, the sweet flavor, that last reminder of summer...

I think pizzas are some of the easiest dinners to throw together.  Almost anything can be turned into a pizza.  So why not peaches.  Thus, our latest creation: Peach and Prosciutto Pizza.

This is an easy recipe.  Start with pizza dough (I use Trader Joe's crust, but you could make your own).  Then add a coat of olive oil, chopped fresh rosemary, thinly cut prosciutto slices, peach slices, salt, pepper, and mozzarella.  I put the cheese on top, but that's my preference.  Just cook according to the dough instructions.  It's sweet and salty, and delicious all around.




Pin It

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just bought a big box of peaches to freeze but will have to try this- it looks like a winner!

thanks for sharing

julie said...

Yum-my. We also throw together pizzas quite a bit. I agree they are easy. Hey can you freeze TJ's pizza crusts and still get good results? We live so far from TJ's now...

CJ {Pink Tea} said...

Mary Ellen... that will probably be my weekend. I definitely want to save some of summer goodness for later.

Julie... I freeze them and haven't seen a difference bewteen the ones I used immediately and the ones I thawed later.

cheryl@scrapaddict4sure said...

that look goods!

Related Posts with Thumbnails