Most of these posts have been about crafts for my daughter. However, with this renewed interest in Valentine's Day, I have also found myself wanting to do a little decorating. These votives were a simple and cheap (i.e. free since everything was in the house) option to add an extra touch. I used these two love quotes that I found, both related to food since I planned on putting the votives on our kitchen table.
"Life is the flower
for which love is the honey."
~ Victor Hugo
"Love is a fruit in season at all times,
and in reach of every hand."
~ Mother Teresa
- Quotes printed on paper
- Paper cutter or scissors
- Paper Ripper (I'm not sure the real name of this), optional
- Votive Holder
- Tea light Candle
- Print desired quotes onto paper.
- Cut out paper to desired height (make sure shorter than votive holder). I used the paper ripper to create a ragged edge on the top. However, that is completely optional.
- Determine how much paper is needed to wrap around the holder and just overlap. Cut off excess.
- Wrap paper around votive holder. Tape.
- All done. That's it. Just add the tea light candle, light, and enjoy.
This project is linked with:Pin It