Pancake Day also seemed like another great excuse to add to my daughter's felt food collection (see more on this felt food addiction here and here and here and... well, you get the picture).
Pancakes with syrup and bananas... Yummy. To make your own, check out the tutorial below.
- Felt, light brown and a darker brown
- Embroidery Floss, light brown and a darker brown
- Circle Template out of cardstock for the size pancake you want. (A glass can be a great round shape to trace around.)
- Pins (to hold the template to the felt)
- Cotton Balls or Cotton Batting
- Pin the template to the lighter felt. Cut out the circle. Repeat.
- Cut out your syrup shape out of the darker felt. My method for doing this was to first pin the template to the felt and cut out a circle. Then, I cut out a wavy shape along the edges.