Thursday, September 6

A Beachy Bias

It has happened.  This very newbie seamstress has decided to join along in the Project Run and Play Sew-Along.  I have loved the talent of the past several seasons.  This will be a great way to push myself out of my comfort zone.  Between work, school starting, activities, a birthday party, and church, I doubt I'll keep up with all 6 weeks.  But I aim to do as many as I can.

So, without further adieu... let the adventure begin.  Here is my ocean ombre bias dress (It really needs a better title.  Ocean Waves?  Surf Side?  Biased Beach?  I'm really bad at this.)


Yes, that is my goof ball.  She was just a "little" hyper during our photo shoot.

The challenge was to do a remix of the talented Katy's (No Big Dill) Very Biased Skirt.  I had never cut anything on the bias before, so this was a great push to try something new.  I chose three shades of blue and mixed cotton, satin, and a little tulle.  I drafted an A-line shirt to attach to a simple bodice, with a glitter ribbon trim.  (My daughter likes sparkle.)  Then I topped it off with some rolled flowers on a simple fabric headband.



I saw this as a church dress, but my daughter sees no limitation and was ready to start playing, which I guess is a sign that it is comfortable.  Off she went... climbing the deck rails to call out to her friend in a neighboring yard...

climbing pirate ladders...

and more climbing...

always the goofball...

And even though this is blurry, I can't resist one last crazy shot.  She is one active and lovable girl.



Pin It

4 comments:

Emily said...

This is such a beautiful dress! Love the shininess and the different colors and materials. :)

Jenni said...

Nice job! I'd never guess you were a newbie. I always think when they play in it during the photo shoot, it means it was a success!

Unknown said...

Longer Term Loans Online -mwsinstallmentloans.co.uk

In today’s age each of us are aware of the importance of education as it help one to have a brighter future. But it is not possible for all to afford it hence to facilitate these people who fall short of cash in their course of education the

long term loans direct lenders for students have been formulated. In this individual can easily acquire cash ranges from £1000 to £25000 whose repayment term stretches from 1 to 10 years. Expenses that a student encountered in their life like paying college fees, stationary, hostel fees and so can for which the cash be used.

Within 24 hours of applying for it one can get approval

Lukas Guerra said...

Goood share

Related Posts with Thumbnails