Monday, March 1

Seuss Extravaganza: Painting Stars

Now, the Star-Belly Sneetches
Had bellies with stars.
The Plain-Belly Sneetches
Had none upon thars.
Excerpt from "the sneetches" by Dr. Seuss

We are still in our celebration of Seuss.  My daughter loves the "Belly Stars" story, otherwise known as "the sneetches."  So, I couldn't pass up incorporating stars into our celebration.  When I saw this post on Ohdeedoh, it seemed like the perfect project.


I cut stars out of bread slices using a star cookie cutter.  Then I made "paint" by coloring milk red, green, and blue.  Add some basting brushes, and that's all you need for a fun morning with a 2 1/2 year old.  My daughter loved it.  We toasted them up in the oven after we were done painting and they became her favorite snack for the day.


Have a lovely day, whether or not you have stars upon yars.

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails