Sunday, October 24

Celebrating Fall... with Swords


Wow!  What a weekend.  Does anyone else feel like Fall becomes a very busy time?  There is so much to do and experience and celebrate come Fall.

Several weeks ago I shared my "bucket list" for Celebrating Fall.  We've already knocked several off... apple picking, celebrating my son's first birthday, making plum jam, watching football, and hay mazes with the kids. 

And now we've added another one this weekend... Highland Games and Celtic Festival.  As I've said before, this is not a traditional "Fall" activity, but it's part of our Fall.  And this year brought new experiences as I watched my little "princess" pick up a foil and try her hand at fencing.  This is my little girl who dances around the house, who dresses up in fairy wings, who loves tutus.  That same little three-year-old stood in line behind those 9 and 10-year-old boys, donned the head guard, picked up the foil, and walked fearlessly into the arena (and started chatting to the man while she used the sword).  Have I mentioned that she continually redefines the word "Princess"... and I love it.

For a blog about inspiration... she is one of mine.

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails