I'd like to tell you that I have been building a store of amazing ideas to share with you, but, alas, that is not the case. However, I have been working on enacting some of those changes that I mentioned in my previous post. After all that time to reflect, here are some of the changes that I decided needed to be made:
- Sit-down for breakfast with the family every morning (rather than rushing off for work)
- Set aside time to focus on my marriage
- Make sure the TV is off at dinner time (even if it is in the other room) and enjoy talking with one another
- Listen more. Focus on people and stop multi-tasking (particularly at work)
- Take a break during the work day to walk, read, anything as long as it is a break
- Afternoon Tea!!!!!
- Set boundaries with work. Evenings are not automatically additional work time.
- Set aside time during the week to care for myself
- Try at least one new recipe a week, just to keep things interesting
- Be more conscious about my food choices
- Make time for the gym
- Go to bed earlier
And if you're curious, this week's new recipe is Pumpkin Sausage Pasta from Simply in Season. Last week's was Pioneer Woman's Twice-Baked Potatoes (believe it or not, I have never made twice-baked potatoes... crazy I know), as featured in the Southern Living Easy Entertaining Special. Great Fall recipes! Any recommendations for some more fun new recipes to try?