Wednesday, May 19

More Strawberries... and Barrettes

May the strawberry festivities continue.  Let's keep embracing the glory of the season.  We've already celebrated with strawberry jam and with rosemary and strawberry shortbread cookies.  Now it's time for another "sweet" treat, but with a longer shelf life.


Now you knew that I couldn't resist the opportunity to make more barrettes.  It's an addiction.

Want to make your own?  There are lots of different tutorials available.  However, here's the tutorial for how I decided to do it.

STRAWBERRY BARRETTE TUTORIAL
SUPPLIES:
  • 5/8" Red Swiss Dot Grosgrain Ribbon
  • 3/8" Green Grosgrain Ribbon
  • 3/8" Red Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
  • Barrettes
  • Scissors
DIRECTIONS:
Steps 1-3:  Fold your red swiss dot ribbon into the base of the strawberry.

Steps 4-6:  Begin making the calyx for the top of the strawberry.

Steps 7-9:  Add the stem.

Step 10:  Hot glue the red ribbon to the barrette, starting from the inside and wrapping all the way around.  Then glue the strawberry on top.
Pin It

10 comments:

Melissa said...

Talk about super clever!! Wow!!

Andrea said...

Adorable. I am visiting from Simply Domestic. Great blog. Gotta love Strawberries.

Katie said...

Absolutely adorable! I'm addicted to hair accessories too! Have you seen my latest?

Cotton Kiwi said...

I've only just managed to finish the korker barettes and now I need to make these ones too! :o) They are so gorgeous CJ. I've linked to your Korker tute on my creative space post again today. The girls love them and I've just been out to buy more ribbon to make them for upcoming birthday parties.

Lorie said...

SUCH a cute idea!! I am going to feature these on my site tomorrow!

Maria-Isabel @ Agape Love Designs said...

soooo cute! and i just loooove strawberries!

Stephanie R. said...

Ive been wanting to know how to make this!!! I love it! thank you for this!

hyvana said...

Fiz as tulipas na tiara e ficou linda, muito obrigada pelo idéia, seu Blog e maravilhoso, e o seu trabalho e tudo de bom,um forte abraço e Jesus te abençoe.

Rose :: Fine Craft Guild . com said...

Hi,

Just to let you know that you will be featured today on the FineCraftGuild blog.

Congrads!
You deserve it.
Your barrettes are DARLING.

Your 'I'm featured'- badge is here:
http://www.finecraftguild.com/craft-parties/

Anonymous said...

Hi there, after reading this amazing piece of writing i am as well cheerful to share my familiarity
here with mates.

Feel free to surf to my page - Going In this article

Related Posts with Thumbnails