For my budding chef... a few more strawberries for her to enjoy. I really liked how these turned out. And watching her play with them bring back memories of her first strawberry picking experience last year when I kept catching her squatting in-between the rows, eating more berries with the juices running down her chin. She was a strawberry lover at an early age.
Want to make your own?
FELT STRAWBERRY TUTORIAL
- Felt, Red and Green
- Embroidery Floss, Red, Green, and Yellow
- Cotton Batting
- Needle and Scissors
- Cut out a 3 1/2" semi-circle from the red felt. Freehand cut a green topper. (You can hold off cutting out the green piece until step 4 if you want a better gauge of the appropriate size.
- Wrap the semi circle into a cone. Using the matching red floss, stitch the cone closed.
- Freehand stitch "seeds" on the red cone with the yellow embroidery floss.
- Run the thread loosely in and out along the open top of the strawberry (like a drawstring for a pouch). Stuff the strawberry with cotton batting. Pull the thread so that the strawberry closes (like a drawstring).
- Stitch the green felt piece on top of the red berry.
- Repeat until you have as many as you want.