Friday, January 29
It's supposed to snow tonight... something unusual in our area. All week we have watched for the latest reports to see how much we'll get. Even knowing that it isn't to start until later tonight, I keep glancing out the window to check for those first flakes. There's something fun about the anticipation. It reminds me of my school days when I would anxiously await to hear if we had a snow day. You see, when you live in places where it rarely snows, every snow day is a celebration.
Sitting here, in the joy of expectation, I find myself thinking about all the joys of winter. So, here's my list of my top 20 winter loves...
(7) Towels warmed from hanging over the vent
(8) Chocolate... the perfect seasonal treat
(9) Wine on a cold night
(11) Fires in the fireplace
(13) Snow Days!!!
(14) Florida citrus (clementines, grapefruit, oranges... oh my)
(16) The melancholy solitude
(17) Being at home with my family
(18) the Winter Olympics, particularly the Figure Skating
and, of course,
(20) Hot tea
What are your favorite things about winter?
at 11:21 PM