Friday, January 29

My Top 20 Winter Loves

“If you are cold, tea will warm you; if you are too heated, it will cool you; if you are depressed, it will cheer you; if you are excited, it will calm you.” ~ William E. Gladstone

It's supposed to snow tonight... something unusual in our area.  All week we have watched for the latest reports to see how much we'll get.  Even knowing that it isn't to start until later tonight, I keep glancing out the window to check for those first flakes.  There's something fun about the anticipation.  It reminds me of my school days when I would anxiously await to hear if we had a snow day.  You see, when you live in places where it rarely snows, every snow day is a celebration.

Sitting here, in the joy of expectation, I find myself thinking about all the joys of winter.  So, here's my list of my top 20 winter loves...

(1) Hot Chocolate, particularly stirred with a candy cane
(2) Cuddling up on the couch with a blanket and a good book
(3) Roasted winter vegetables
(4) Crisp walks
(5) My daughter responding to any discussion of snow with "I want to throw snowball at Mommy"
(6) Throwing a snowball at my daughter
(7) Towels warmed from hanging over the vent
(8) Chocolate... the perfect seasonal treat
(9) Wine on a cold night
(10) Candlelight
(11) Fires in the fireplace
(12) Sweaters
(13) Snow Days!!!
(14) Florida citrus (clementines, grapefruit, oranges... oh my)
(15) Chili
(16) The melancholy solitude
(17) Being at home with my family
(18) the Winter Olympics, particularly the Figure Skating
(19) Paperwhites
and, of course,
(20) Hot tea

What are your favorite things about winter?
Pin It

2 comments:

Claudia said...

Great list~
Love the snow balls-- how about snow ANGELs!

ahhh yes Paperwhites!

CJ {Pink Tea} said...

Claudia... Snow Angels should definitely be added on the list! Those are fun to make at any age.

Related Posts with Thumbnails