Wednesday, February 3

The Bedtime Routine [WFMW]

“All well-regulated families set apart an hour every morning for tea and bread and butter”
~ Joseph Addison

I have a confession... sometimes I can be a forgetful mother.  For whatever reason, bed time has always been a struggle.  We kept forgetting things.  In other words, our evenings sounded like this after we got our daughter down...

     "Uh oh... we forgot to brush her teeth."
     "Oops... we didn't get her to pick up her toys."

Things had to change.

I decided to print up an evening schedule for my daughter to follow.  Notice the header?  Can you tell I am on owl kick these days?  (as seen here as well) 


It's easy to make.  All I used was Microsoft Word and a little clip art.  But it has helped so much.  And it is cute enough that I don't mind having it up in her room.  Now our evenings sound like this...

Daughter:  "I need to read my list.  I look for my pink owl to go to sleep.  I put on my pajamas..."

Everything is running much smoother these days.  It has made the bedtime routine longer, largely because we can't skip steps and because she insists on reading the list after we complete every item.  But she loves it and it makes evenings rather easy.

What tips do you have to make things easier with infants and toddlers?

This project is linked up with...

Pin It

9 comments:

Sharon said...

This is a great idea! I love that you used simple clip art, but I bet even a non-reader would catch on quickly! I may have to try this.

annies home said...

love it the best part is it is developed where a child can understand

Anonymous said...

Great idea. I have been wanting to make something similar for my son....maybe I should do that this week!

Heather - Hopelessly Flawed said...

We have the same kind of evenings, x3 girls. This is a great idea!

Heather - Hopelessly Flawed said...

We have the same kind of evenings, x3 girls. This is a great idea!

Leah said...

Thanks for the idea! I'm making one this morning for my daughter!

The Davidson Den said...

Very cute list. I used to have things together like that a long time ago. We now have four kids and are doing good just to get them down at all. ;)

So Sunny Day said...

I love the list.what a great idea :)

~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

Katie said...

Cute chart! Kids love charts-I should make one for my daughter :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails