Sunday, February 7

Super Bowl and Hair Bows

While the Super Bowl may be between the Saints and the Colts, our family will be wearing Redskin colors.  Now in truth, I am not a football fan... at least not American football.  However, my husband is.  And so from pre-season through the Super Bowl I dress my kids up in Redskin jerseys so they can watch the game with Daddy.  And being the mommy that I am, that means matching hair bows for my daughter.


My search for hair bows this past Fall turned up nothing, so my next step was to search the internet for instructions.  I came across a number of tutorials for korker bows and decided to try my hand.  They looked great at first, but after 2 to 3 wearings, here was the result:


Pitiful, huh.  They couldn't hold up to my toddler.  The curls kept falling out.  But now, in honor of the Super Bowl, I decided to try my hand at it again.  This time, though, I made some modifications to the process and developed my own style.  Here is the result:




If they can withstand my daughter, I'll post a tutorial.  Here's hoping.  Until then...

May next season bring
strength to avoid injury,
steadiness on your feet,
touchdowns in your favor,
and more wins than losses...
that is my hope for you, O' Skins.
Pin It

5 comments:

Heather at That Little Boutique said...

Hi
I just came across your blog and love it. I don't know if this is in your instructions, but I spray mine with a concoction of 1/2 STAYFLO and half water in a spray bottle. I dowse the little guys down before baking them. They have lasted forever on my nieces. can't wait till my daughter has hair so I can put them in her hair.

Pati @ A Crafty Escape said...

I really like the barrettes you have made for your daughter and will definitely be trying those soon. I would however LOVE a tutorial for these korker bows!!! I am addicted to them for my daughter but have to stop buying them from Gymboree because they are way to expensive!

CJ {Pink Tea} said...

TLB: Thanks for the idea. I tried sizing in this version to hold. I'm testing them out again today to see if they can hold up to my daughter. I'm also wondering if these have been challenging because they have some nylon in them.

Pati: Once I confirm that the bows definitely hold, I'll be posting a tutorial. I absolutely share your addiction to Gymboree's bows. I discovered this weekend that there is a slightly cheaper sister store to Gymboree called Crazy 8 (kind of like Old Navy and Gap) that also carries the bows along with adorable clothes.

Pati @ A Crafty Escape said...

Yay for the tutorial! I'll have to check Crazy 8 out. I am also, unfortunately, addicted to the Gymboree Organza Pony Holders. LOVE THOSE!

Leetisa said...

Amazingly, Hoodia is able to send this exact message! The unique properties of Hoodia literally -tricks- your brain into thinking that you've already eaten food, allowing you to enjoy increased feelings of appetite control and decreased feelings of hunger and food cravings. If they have no hunger, they may be severely reducing their food intake missing out on crucial vitamins, nutrients, and calories. Purchase car insurance online to get instant proof of coverage.Compare free insurance quotes online and shop for your insurance online at insuranceonline.

Related Posts with Thumbnails